Powered By Blogger

Friday, September 26, 2014

The Purpose Of This Blog

Hello,

         The purpose of this blog is to talk about my journey towards law school and also talk about law school and anything that has to do with the "art of law".

               I want to talk about how hard it is to get into law schools obviously duh right!? I also want to encourage fellow minorities to consider law as a career. We are underrepresented  in the area of law:women and minorities but specifically Latina/Latino. Right now the market is saturated with lawyers every blog and news site says but I think the market is saturated with the wrong types the ones that are working in corporate. Not that I am saying anything is wrong with that per say because who wouldn't want to get paid a lot of money to pay off all those law loans. That is not the type of life I would want because that is not why I want to be a lawyer. I want to be able to help people not turn them away because they can't afford a lawyer. The thing with the problem with lawyers that are going into corporate that is less lawyers for the middle class. Right now only the very rich can afford a lawyer or the poor are givens  the rights to a lawyer. How about the middle class that can't afford a lawyer that is what and who I want to represent. I want to fight for the family that can't afford a lawyer, that are discrimated and taken advantage of. We need more lawyers that are like that and are able and want to help the middle income that is also shrinking in the United States. We need to encourage other minority's to get into this field not get away from it because the more minority's we have then I feel we can use that to open more doors to opportunities.

           I want to document my life while in law school and the journey I take because I know it will be hard but also so worth it when my dreams are realized. That in itself is remarkable. I always want to know about the day to day life  of law school and never could find any blogs that document the journey and the ones I did find were a few years out of date. That is why I decided to create this and hope in the future could be a help to pre-law students.

       That is all I have for now.
  Until next time,
   
           Valencia Canales

    P.S. Next time I will be talking about my journey thus far  getting into law school.

No comments:

Post a Comment

While I do respect everyone's input please refrain from being rude to me and others. Thank You,Valencia